IDEXX Pregnancy Tests
How can a sample say "pregnant"?
Want to learn more about sample-based testing?Contact us
IDEXX’s portfolio of tests enables you to confirm pregnancy in cows, goat, sheep, or water buffalo using milk or blood based samples. A negative pregnancy result can indicate more than the need for reinsemination. IDEXX Pregnancy Tests provide accurate results as early as 28 days.
- Initiate rapid rebreeding.
- Assess health issues that impact pregnancy.
- Schedule ultrasound visit at 45–60 days, if pregnant.
Improving reproduction and herd health
Including IDEXX Pregnancy Tests as part of your reproductive management program means you can get accurate results as early as 28 days.
Test in your clinic
Take the instrument cost out of ELISA testing. Watch this short video to see how your practice can benefit.
With the IDEXX Rapid Visual Pregnancy Test, you can run blood-based testing in clinic and read and interpret results with ease. All without investing in equipment.
- Make farm visits more efficient.
- Serve more clients with less travel.
- Recommend disease prevention strategies.
- Market nonpregnant cows and heifers.
- Detects pregnancy-associated glycoproteins (PAGs).
Submit samples to your laboratory
Sharing results, strengthening relationships
Help producers and their veterinarians improve reproductive efficiency with early, accurate detection. Then share the results with both. This puts your laboratory at the center of your customers’ business. And that will generate more business for you.
Testing with blood or milk samples
The IDEXX Bovine Pregnancy Test detects, with exceptional accuracy, pregnancy-associated glycoproteins (PAGs) in blood samples of cows (including embryo transfer), sheep, goats, bison, and buffalo.
The IDEXX Milk Pregnancy Test (PDF) uses trusted ELISA technology to confirm pregnancy status as early as 28 days postbreeding (cows, goats, and water buffalo) and 60 days post calving (cows, sheep).
Partnering to increase testing volume
Encourage more veterinarians to rely on your laboratory services by distributing the IDEXX Rapid Visual Pregnancy Test. Perform blood-based testing in clinic or on farm—without investing in laboratory instruments. Test from 28 days (cows, goats) postbreeding, for real-time results that support early actions to improve pregnancy rates, production, and profits. Test also detects pregnancy in sheep and water buffalo.
Assessing overall herd health
An open pregnancy result often suggests the presence of other health issues. Sharing results with veterinarians may prompt additional testing for:
*Percentages represent pregnancy loss between days.
1. Vasconcelos JLM, Silcox RW, Lacerda JA, Pursley JR, Wiltbank MC. Pregnancy rate, pregnancy loss, and response to heat stress after AI at two different times from ovulation in dairy cows [abstract]. Biol Reprod. 1997;56(suppl 1):140. Cited by: Fricke PM. Managing reproductive disorders in dairy cows. Talk presented at: 2000 North Dakota Dairy Cow College; January 31–February 3, 2000. http://www.ag.ndsu.nodak.edu/aginfo/dairy/Physiology/Managing%20Reproductive%20Disorders%20in%20Dairy%20Cows_files/Fricke%20disordersintro.htm. Accessed September 22, 2015.