Catalyst Total T4 Test
Available for Catalyst One and Catalyst Dx chemistry analysers
Adding Catalyst Total T4 to your minimum database when managing the health of senior pets can be an invaluable addition:
One in seven profiles run on seemingly healthy adult dogs show a low total T4 result, indicating hypothyroidism or a non-thyroidal illness.1
One in 10 cats will be affected by hyperthyroidism in their lifetime.2
JVIM Publication: In-house accuracy compares favourably to reference laboratory
Dr Graham Bilbrough’s blog post shares details on research published in the Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine. It shows that in-house TT4 testing can be as accurate as reference laboratory testing.3,4
Learn what to do next with your total T4 results for canine and feline patients.
Watch these short videos in which Dr Graham Bilbrough discusses total T4 results, treatment and monitoring for canine and feline patients.
How to Use
It takes just seconds to add the Catalyst Total T4 Test to your profiles for a comprehensive look at your patients' thyroid health.
Storage and Handling Requirements
- Store in the refrigerator. Do not freeze.
- No warming required – run directly from the refrigerator.
- Total T4 (TT4) slides and reagent can be stored in their pouch at room temperature for up to eight hours. After 8 hours, store any unused materials in the refrigerator. Do not cycle more than five times.
- Can be run on whole blood, serum or plasma. Recommended sample volume:
Whole blood: 600–800 μl
Serum/plasma: 65 μl (300 μl if running with other slides)
Frequently Asked Questions
Answers to the most frequently asked questions about using the Catalyst Total T4 Test
Get the most out of your Catalyst Total T4 Test
Fast, accurate chemistry results
See results for total T4, chemistry, electrolytes and more, in one run with the Catalyst One Chemistry Analyser.
Multiple samples in minutes
Results for total T4, chemistry, electrolytes and more, for multiple patients with the Catalyst Dx Chemistry Analyser.
Chemistry profiles in bundles
The Catalyst Feline Bundle and Catalyst Senior Bundle make it easy to buy and run a full chemistry profile every time.
We’re here to help you 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Customer Service: 0800 838 522
Order tests & supplies
Learn more about ordering directly from IDEXX and order your in-house tests and supplies today.
- Results from 8,238 canine patient samples run in-clinic, where “wellness” was selected as the reason for testing. Data on file at IDEXX Laboratories, Inc., Westbrook, Maine, United States.
- Peterson ME. Hyperthyroidism in cats: what’s causing this epidemic of thyroid disease and can we prevent it? J Feline Med Surg. 2012;14(11):804-818.
- Wolff E, Bilbrough G, Moore G, Lynn L, Murphy R, Scott-Moncrieff C. A side-by-side comparison of two assays for measuring canine and feline total thyroxine (TT4) [abstract ESVE-P-7]. J Vet Intern Med. In press.
- Peterson ME, Rishniw M, Bilbrough GE. Validation of an in-clinic point-of-care immunoassay for measurement of total thyroxine (TT4) concentration in serum from euthyroid and hyperthyroid cats [abstract ESVE-P-1]. J Vet Intern Med. In press.