Box sizes and labels will vary.
IDEXX Paratuberculosis Screening Ab Test
Paratuberculosis (Johne’s Disease)/Mycobacterium avium subsp. paratuberculosis (MAP)
The IDEXX Paratuberculosis Screening ELISAs, based on Institut Pourquier technology, are enzyme-linked immunosorbent assays (ELISAs) for the detection of MAP-specific antibodies in bovine milk, serum or plasma, and in serum and plasma of sheep and goats.
* Availability / Distribution: Outside the U.S.
- Bovine milk, serum, plasma
- Serum and plasma of sheep and goats
- Indirect format, results in less than 2 hours
Part numbers and sizes
P07130-5 (5 plates/strips)
P07130-10 (10 plates/strips)
About Paratuberculosis (Johne’s Disease)/Mycobacterium avium subsp. paratuberculosis (MAP)
The Mycobacterium avium subsp. paratuberculosis (MAP) organism causes a chronic, debilitating enteritis of cattle and other ruminants, leading to lower pregnancy rates, reduced milk production, and milk with lower fat and protein content and higher somatic cell scores. In the U.S. alone, MAP infection (Johne’s disease) costs producers up to $250 million per year.1
Because animals may carry the disease without clinical signs, infection often goes undetected. But by testing with a sensitive, yet cost-effective, ELISA and implementing a MAP-management plan, producers can accurately identify MAP infection, improve herd health and increase profits.
IDEXX Learning Centre
* Not all products are available and/or registered in every country.
1. Johne’s Information Central home page: http://www.johnesdisease.org/. Accessed June 29, 2009.